Built as a silent movie house in 1926, The Lyric Theatre in Stuart, Florida operated as such until the Great Depression. Conkling & Lewis was hired in 2014 to perform an extensive renovation and structural repair of the site, working with The Lyric’s staff and board of directors, as well
as the Stuart Community Redevelopment Agency. Once complete, the 500-seat Lyric
Theatre boasted new walls and seating in the orchestra section, a new lobby and bar and
upgraded sound and lighting. In addition to the cosmetic improvements, a new line array
sound system, digital sound board and whisper-perfect acoustics. Further, the stage was enlarged and given a backstage with a flex-dressing area, restroom and office/storage space.
The Lyric Theatre