Originally a 1923 silent film/vaudeville house, the Sunrise Theater was once the largest theater on the east coast. After being shuttered for nearly 15 years, the building was purchased by the St. Lucie Preservation Association in 1997 and efforts to restore it ensued. Conkling & Lewis served as a guiding light through the $13 million preservation and restoration process, working daily with city and historic association staff to restore the 1,200-seat theater.
The building’s Mediterranean-style exterior was fully preserved. The stage and theater were completely renovated and revived to their original splendor. Updates included the subtle addition of state-of-the-art sound and lighting systems.
Main Street Fort Pierce
Fort Pierce, Florida